Liverpool Plaza DC791 Weathersealing « back
PROJECT NAME The Plaza, Liverpool
- PROJECT Replacement of 11,000 linear metres of defective sealant to a high-rise city centre office building.
- MAIN CONTRACTOR CAN Structures Ltd
- PROJECT BACKGROUND Widespread failure of the existing organic mastic seals had resulted in water ingress across thebuilding; a turnkey solution was required to eradicate long-term water ingress problems. Initially CAN were employed to carry out an external survey of the external façade which confirmed the existing sealant had largely debonded due to incorrect material specification. CAN employed the services of Geocel to specify a suitable replacement product.
- PRODUCTS USED Dow Corning 791 Weatherproofing Silicone Sealant
- APPLICATION Working to Dow Corning’s specification, all existing sealants were raked out and the paint coating removed to ensure adhesion of the new sealant to the aluminium surfaces. All joints were primed and then sealed with Dow Corning 791 Weatherproofing silicone sealant.Works were subject to a stringent ongoing audit process by Geocel and Dow Corning and a 10-year weatherseal warranty was issued covering materials and CAN’s workmanship following successful completion of the project.CAN acted as Principal Contractor under the CDM regulations and completed this challenging project safely and within programme whilst working to a specifically developed quality plan and maintaining the high standards required to receive the 10-year warranty