Trade Mate Mirror Fix
Geocel Trade Mate Mirror Fix is a one-part silicone sealant for internal fixation of mirrors, coated glass or metal panels onto various substrates.
Fixing mirrors, coated glass and metal panels.
- Excellent unprimed adhesion on most glasses, metals and mirror coatings
- Outstanding resistance to heat and humidity
- Resistant to ozone, ultra-violet radiation and temperature extremes
- Non-corrosive, odourless, ready to use gun grade sealant which reacts with air moisture
- Ensure that surfaces to be sealed are clean, dry, sound and free from grease, dust and other contaminants which could impair adhesion. Surfaces can be cleaned and degreased by wiping with a suitable solvent on a clean oil and lint-free cloth before application of sealant. Check to ensure that the mirror has been evenly coated, is protected by lacquer and is free of scratches.
Application and Clean up Method
- Sealant Gun and Cartridge
- The sealant is ready to use. Apply 10mm wide strips vertically on the back of the mirror in 100m intervals. Then press the mirror onto the surface, preserving a constant bead thickness of 2mm for optimum cure and mechanical grab. Support the mirror for a minimum of 24 hours using adhesive tapes. This will ensure good contact and a minimum of displacement. Air should be allowed to circulate freely around the edges of the mirror thereby allowing the sealant to cure.
- Excess sealant may be cleaned off tools and non-porous surfaces whilst in an uncured state using Dowsil R40 Universal Cleaner. If sealant is misapplied to porous substrates, it should be left until just cured, and then removed by peeling, cutting or other mechanical means. Care should be taken not to damage plastic or coated surfaces.
- Ensure that the mirror is supported for at least 24 hours after application.
310ml 'e' Cartridges